At Confluent, we’re creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s Confluent in actiongiving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side. Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we growwhether you’re just starting out or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Solutions Architects drive customer success by helping them realize business value from the burgeoning flow of realtime data streams in their organizations. In this role you’ll interact directly with our customers to provide software development and operations expertise, leveraging deep knowledge of best practices in the use of Apache Kafka, the broader Confluent Platform, and complementary systems like Hadoop, Spark, Storm, relational databases, and various NoSQL databases. Throughout all of these interactions, you’ll build strong relationships with customers, ensure exemplary delivery standards, and have a lot of fun building state-of-the-art data infrastructure alongside colleagues who are widely recognized as leaders in this space.What we're looking for:
- Deep experience designing, building, and operating in-production Big Data, stream processing, and/or enterprise data integration solutions using Apache Kafka
- Exceptional interpersonal communications capabilities demonstrated through a history of successful B2B infrastructure software development projects
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems and proven ability do so with little or no direct daily supervision
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science or an engineering, mathematics, or other quantitative field
- Proficiency in Java or Python
What gives you an edge:
- Previous experience building solutions that use Apache Kafka alongside Hadoop, relational and NoSQL databases, message queues, and related products
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
- Experience building and operating large-scale systems
Confluent is an infrastructure company founded in September of 2014 and led by the original authors and thought leaders behind Apache Kafka. We are building an open-source enterprise-class stream data platform for real-time data and stream processing centered around Kafka. We think this is a powerful way to manage data and we want to put it at the heart of every company. We’re a small team, so your work will have a huge impact. We love open sourcing our code and writing about things we learn along the way.Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.Click here to review ourCalifornia Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.